Here’s what you need to know about the wage-fixing lawsuit. It’s real. Make sure your contact details are correct.
- Pixar (2004 – 2010)
- Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC (2004 – 2010)
- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (2004 – 2010)
- The Walt Disney Company (2004 – 2010)
- Sony Pictures Animation Inc. and Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc. (2004 – 2010)
- Blue Sky Studios, Inc. (2005 – 2010)
- Two Pic MC LLC formerly known as ImageMovers Digital LLC (2007 – 2010)
If you think you are in the class, but have not ever received anything in the mail, it is likely because the Class Administrators don’t have a correct address for you. Contact them and update your address.
Or, maybe you threw away the paperwork, thinking it was a scam. Either way, contact the class administrators to confirm whether you are in the class or not.
Here’s the timeline of some key dates – some court documents courtesy of Deadline:
- September 8, 2014 – Wage-fixing lawsuit filed by Robert Nitsch, Jr.
- March 31, 2016 – Blue Sky offers $5.95 million ( 25% of calculated damages )
- April 29, 2016 – Sony offers $13 million ( 16.7% of calculated damages )
- Nov 11, 2016 – Final settlement approved for Blue Sky and Sony
- Oct 17, 2016 – DreamWorks offers $50 million ( 39.3% of calculated damages )
- Jan 19, 2017 – DreamWorks settlement approved
- Jan 31, 2017 – Disney offers $100 million ( 33.5% of calculated damages )
- Mar 2, 2017 – proposed hearing to approve Disney settlement – San Jose, CA
Estimated damages of ~$170 million in total have been calculated by Dr. Orley Ashenfelter, an economics professor at Princeton.
The calendar for Judge Lucy H. Koh is below – March 2nd is the next scheduled hearing, to be held in San Jose, CA.
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/lhkIt has been estimated that there are over 10,000 affected artists. It’s not possible to predict what an inpidual award might be after attorney fees. For the High-Tech lawsuit, the settlement amount was estimated at $4,000.
If you’re in the class, and the Class Administrators have your contact details, you will be notified of the results of the settlement.