As part of TAG’s 70th Anniversary celebration, we have partnered with the Burbank Cultural Arts Commission to give back to our beloved Burbank community.
For this project, we are seeking to paint four (4) murals at the Burbank Animal Shelter, located across from the Burbank Empire Center.
We anticipate completing this project in November 2022, and are currently seeking submissions for mural designs. Volunteers will be needed to help paint as well!
- Mural Size: 7 ft (h) x 15 ft (w)
- Must include the TAG logo/icon in the mural. The logo can be incorporated into the image (i.e. on a t-shirt).
- Should be family-friendly and G-rated.
- Must not include copyrighted characters.
- Should be animal-themed (can include animals hosted by the shelter: dogs, cats, rabbits, turtles, guinea pigs, birds).
- Should be designed to allow for multiple volunteer painters of varying skills.
- Should follow the pre-selected, limited paint palette (you are also allowed to mix the paint colors provided).
- Full guidelines, templates, and the TAG logo can be found here.
- Must be available to transfer the design onto the wall prior to painting on one of the following weekday evenings (5pm – 9pm): Monday, November 7; Wednesday, November 9; or Thursday, November 10, 2022.
- Must be available to lead the mural painting at the animal shelter on Sunday, November 13, 2022, from 8am – 5pm.
- Selected artists will be provided a $1,250 stipend for their design.
- Submissions due Sunday, October 16, 2022.
- Please submit a PDF or JPEG image of your mural via the link below.
- Submissions do not have to be final. They can be sketches, but should be in color and provide a clear vison of your concept.
- Submit your mural design here.
- Submissions will be reviewed by TAG, The Burbank Cultural Arts Commission, and the Burbank Animal Shelter before a joint decision is made.
- Selection will be based upon the guidelines above.
- Selected muralists will be notifed by late October/early November.