Remember to Call the Hall!
Call The Hall

What happens if my project ends and I have moved out of state? How can I make sure the next studio will let me work remotely?

Alexandra Drosu / September 23, 2022

/ no comments

Once you move out of state, there are no guarantees that the next studio will allow you to work as a Union employee. But keep in mind you can use your leverage to negotiate continued Union coverage. Plus, your designation on the previous project is proof that you can work out-of-state and still be covered under the Union, and strengthens your argument to continue to be classified as a Union-covered employee. Also, you may need to travel back to Los Angeles in order to sign your contract in LA County before returning to your permanent residence. This will be up to the studio’s discretion.

< Back to the Blog