To address current standards in web development, The Animation Guild engaged OPM Design Group to completely redesign our web presence and integrate improved functionality. In addition to being responsive — now ensuring that user experiences will be the same across all devices — the site also has some exciting new features. Your input during this Beta stage is crucial, and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
BETA USER EXPECTATIONS
»» Create A Member Profile Page
- Create an account by clicking here and filling in and submitting the form.
- You will receive an initial email confirming your submission; after Guild review and approval, you will receive a second email with a link to set up your Profile page.
- Click on the “Edit My Profile” button where you have the following options: to chose a profile image, check multiple job title boxes applicable to experience, upload a featured artwork image, and add up to three additional artwork samples.
- If you choose a file for your Profile and featured artwork image, you are eligible to have both highlighted on the Guild homepage (featured images also appear throughout the website). The default choice is to opt-in; uncheck the opt-in box if you do not wish to be spotlighted.
- Your email address will have populated automatically. Additional ways for people to find out more about you (including your personal website, blog and social media pages) can be added — enter in the appropriate places all that apply.
- Indicate your availability. The default is “Not Available”. Pull down to select “Available” or “Available for Freelance”. If you are currently not available, you have the option of indicating the date you will be. (Your availability status is crucial to the search functionality of this section — please make sure information is accurate.)
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Guild member information is regularly requested by both union and non-union studios. This means it is to your benefit to keep the information on your Member Profile page updated.
- To edit your Member Profile at any time, access Login via first level navigation.
»» Send Us Feedback
Please take some time to explore this new site and interact when possible: view videos and gallery archives, check out the expanded Oral History Interview section, search members, etc. Should you encounter a broken link or something that doesn’t seem to function or render properly, let us know by clicking on the “Feedback” button at the bottom-right of the page.
»» Share Beta Site with Guild Members
We encourage you to share the site URL, but for now, only with Animation Guild members.
»» Familiarize Yourself with New Site Features
Site menu: As is standard with Responsive Design, the site menu is hidden and is accessed by clicking the “hamburger” icon, which is found on the upper right corner of every page. The site map structure has been completely revamped, which has significantly improving content organization. The site search input field is at the top of the menu.
Homepage: The top of the homepage highlights two members and a sample of their work with a link (click on “My Profile”) to their Member Profile page. Every member who creates a profile who has not opted out will be featured here. Each time the homepage is refreshed, two different profiles are randomly chosen from the Guild pool of members. The new calendar format reveals any additional information when an item is clicked on.
Member Search: This crucial feature, located under “Community,” enables employers to search for Guild members by name, job title and/or availability. Employers can visit individual Profile pages, to view work samples and obtain contact information. Each Member Profile page is assigned a unique web address that can be shared. Click here to visit the Member Search page now.
The Animation Guild Blog: The Guild Blog is now integrated into the website. Only select posts will be featured on the homepage, so please visit the main Blog page often.
Discussion Forums: Requests for a Guild-hosted discussion forum were raised at Membership Meetings last year. The redesign incorporates discussion sections for anyone interested in creating an account and participating, as well as discussion threads that are restricted to members who have created Profile pages on the site. Click here to visit the Forum page.
Online Store: A new commerce section has been included to sell merchandise sporting the Guild’s logo; items are sold as close to cost as possible. The store accepts credit card payments and ships to the continental United States. The store does not retain user information.
Oral History Interviews: In addition to audio recordings, this section now includes head shots, bios and videos. Click here to visit the Oral History Interviews page.
Important Member Links: