Many Animation Guild members are finding it difficult to balance work and family life during the pandemic. Here are a few resources to help navigate these challenges:
1) Coronavirus Course For Expecting, New & All Working Parents
COVID-19 is causing rapidly changing the lives of expecting and working parents. This mini course addresses concerns for employees and their managers to discuss during this crisis from planning for leave, returning to work and working with kids. Course link here: https://www.
2) Virtual Group Coaching Session for Working Parents
Connect with other parents to discuss how to make work ‘work’ during this time of #WFHWK (work from home with kids ;). Led by WORK/360’s CEO and Master Working Parent Coach, Mary Beth Ferrante, expect to learn new tools for managing the day, how to communicate with work during this time and new tools for communicating at home during WFHWK. Registration link here: https://wrk360.ck.page/
3) Visit the FAM Committee’s blog page or join the Facebook Group.
The Family and Membership Committee continuously updates its blog page — https://animationisfamily.blogspot.com — with resources for families and caregivers. You can also join the Facebook page and connect with fellow families in the Animation Guild community.
4) Check out free and helpful services available to you and your family through the LA Library.
- All you need is your library card number and PIN. Read eBooks and listen to audiobooks on OverDrive or Libby.
- Stream movies and TV shows on Kanopy and Hoopla.
- Check out digital magazines via RBdigital.
- Stream music on Freegal.
- If you’re a parent or caregiver, sign up for ReadyRosie to get texts or emails with ideas for family engagement tips and early learning opportunities, or check out our TumbleBook Library, an online collection of animated and talking picture books.
- Kids and learners of all ages can get one-on-one homework help and tutoring from 12 – 10 pm every day on Brainfuse. For more information, click here!