We are hearing reports from members that the first checks in relation to the Animation Workers Antitrust Litigation have begun to arrive in the mail. These payments are from a settlement reached between the class action lawsuit and the animation studios alleged to have engaged in wage fixing. While the Animation Guild is not managing this lawsuit, we want to provide our members with all the relevant information to ensure that they receive their compensation.
List of affected studios:
- Pixar (2001- 2010)
- Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC (2001-2010)
- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (2003-2010)
- The Walt Disney Company (2004-2010)
- Sony Pictures Animation, Inc. and Sony Pictures Imageworks, Inc. (2004- 2010)
- Blue Sky Studios, Inc. (2005-2010)
- Two Pic MC LLC f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC (2007-2010)
The range of in-class job titles eligible for compensation can be found here: http://www.animationlawsuit.com/in-class-job-titles.aspx
This is an opt-out class action, meaning if you meet both of these criteria there is no action required on your part to take part in the settlement. However if you have not received any paperwork regarding this lawsuit, you might have out-of-date contact information, in which case the Animation Guild encourages you to reach out to the Class Action Administration at email@example.com with the following information as soon as possible:
- Current phone number and mailing address
- Studio you worked at and your job title
- Time frame of your employment at the studio
For more information and a FAQ, please visit www.animationlawsuit.com.